All about apples

Today it's all about apples here at Mee a Bee. I'll be serving Dutch Layered Pancakes at our conversation class (Chatty Cafe) tomorrow. I don't have granny smiths but I do have some lovely apples for cooking in my fridge. Coincidentally today is Shrove Tuesday, otherwise known as Pancake Day, read more on Etsy.


Dutch Layered Pancakes

500 g Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup Edmonds Pancake and Pikelet Mix
2 teaspoons icing sugar

Put apples, sugar and cinnamon into saucepan. Cook until apples are pulpy. Mash with a potato masher until smooth. Make pancakes according to packet directions. Place pancakes on a serving dish. Spread with a little apple mixture. Repeat, topping the stack with a pancake. Chill until cold. Dust with icing sugar. Cut into wedges to serve.
Serves 4-6.

From Edmonds Cookery Book 51st Edition 2003
p216

photo by Deborah Fitchett 


Last week my friend showed me her disastrous sewing project - a cover that had turned out too small. I immediately pounced on it seeing potential for a few Mee a Bee bags. I unpicked her neat seams then cut up the fabric into my favourite little flap bags. So far I have two designs - The Green Apple and Polka Dot bag and Hello Worm Loves Green Apples. 

The fabric is designed by Miko Ogura for the PutidePomme line. Isn't it fabulous? It's an expensive line generally since it has a high linen percentage, about half linen.


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous apple fabric, I love it and the bags too. The green is so, well apple green.

    Susie
    I Just Love That Fabric

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just love apples. I'll try those Dutch Layered Pancakes and make my reaction out of it. It's good that green apples were used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ms. Mee a Bee,

    I've named you as a recipient of a 'sunshine award' as I always enjoy reading your blog and think you're an inspiration to all foreign women in Japan.

    Glad to be able to call you my friend.

    TK

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.