Dreaming of sailing away

This afternoon I've been having fun redecorating one of my kid's rooms in my head.

I was suddenly inspired by sleek modern yachts and looking around my place it's a lot like the interior of a boat. We have a lot of shiny white cupboards (in the kitchen and bathrooms), all of our doors are white with brushed metal handles, and I have quite a bit of sea blue now that my new picture is framed and on the wall.

We spent a lot of time sailing when I was a child and I have a great passion for the water, especially the sea.


If money were no object ... from top left to right and around.


Boat cleats as hooks on blue walls. Find them at any marine supply shop.
Kid's art hanging from pegs on a twisted wire line, like the curtain wire from Ikea.
Moulded plastic furniture in white - I love the Eames Rocker.
Loft bed/bunk with a metal frame from Ikea.
An oval 'porthole' inspired mirror, also from Ikea.
Mee a Bee Anchors away bag hanging from that cleat hook!
Gorgeous and luxurious bedding from Castle.
Fantastic artwork by Moofus, an artist I love who is based in Sydney. (I have this one).
Map - my unbelievably cool map from These are Things - mine is hung in a borderless acrylic frame from Muji, and hanging on a wire.
White furniture with frosted glass is cool from Ikea.
The beach in NZ! from our summer road trip.
Paint colour ideas - blue and orange are complimentary colours. I like it.
Centre - Mee a Bee Anchors Away Bag :)

1 comment:

  1. oh i love decorating! we are turning our home office into a nursery, so have been trying to find inspirations too. love your picks!

    ps. I am having a giveaway...come check it out!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.