Introducing ... a brand new bag design

I've been planning this bag for a while. I wanted to make use of the wonderful quilted fabrics available. A few weeks ago I found two really cute designs that I just fell in love with. This one pictured, although it's hard to see, is printed with ballet shoes, tiny princess crowns and musical notes. It's exquisite.
click the image to enlarge

Now, you all know that zips are my worst enemy. This one was no different and in fact it's not quite right. Therefore this bag is the first prototype. Basically it's a large square zippered purse with two tabs on the sides for a shoulder strap or across the chest strap. It's about 8" square (20cm).

What do you think? Is it worth ironing out the kinks? Personally I think it's great. Once your little girl tires of using it as a bag or grows out of it, you can remove the strap and use it as a zippy purse for travelling. It's all natural cotton, therefore machine washable.
click the image to enlarge

5 comments:

  1. jacqui~ this bag rocks!!!! yes keep it (or send it my way, haha) zippers will get better with time (or just keep telling yourself that, that is what i do) and love the little girl on there, she is adorable!!!! keep up the good work, as always, you are doing awesome!!!! i cannot wait to see what else your future brings with bagmaking!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This bag is so cute! I love it, well done. That quilted fabric really reminds me of my 80's childhood! Really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it's worth it. I know many little ones who would love a bag like this. Very soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone!

    yes, Lilly we had quilted jackets that dad had bought on a business trip to Hong Kong - happi coats! quilted red with frog clasp buttons - so eighties!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok I'm insanely jealous that you live in japan! you are so lucky! I've tried to get hubby to get a job there but they haven't had any openings....I'll be back to read all about life there!!!!

    Corrie:)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.