Reading Readiness

When teaching a child to read you spend a lot of time pointing out written words, helping him (or her) write lists, adding titles to their pictures and perhaps a few sentences to describe their drawing.

Biggie is an excellent reader and loves books. It's hard to say how he learned to read. If I had to give it a name I would say it was "Whole Language" method. We did a lot of craft projects and of course we read a lot. We enjoyed making lists of books, visiting the library and book shop to find titles for our collections, and making our own books.
 
Little Guy has been showing signs of reading readiness. He's able to hold a pen, draw lines and circles and colour within lines kind of. He loves any kind of craft project and especially loves scissors. All of these fine motor skills eventually lead to writing which develops along side reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.