Baking

No photos but here's a really yummy idea that I made today from Donna Hay. Fruit Galettes. I used an apple. Just one - sliced paper thin on the mandolin. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Defrost a sheet of prepared puff pastry, roll it out on a lightly floured surface to about 2mm thick. Cut into squares or rectangles and lay them on a baking sheet that has been lined with baking paper. Lay slices of apple on each pastry square, overlapping slightly. Sprinkle with sugar - I used large crystals of raw sugar. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. I have a fan-bake oven so they were done in less. All told I guess it took half an hour to make a simple but pretty sweet treat.

1 comment:

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.