Can you imagine it? Me swimming Butterfly!

My first boyfriend was a truly beautiful swimmer. He was incredibly strong (a rugby league player) and amazing to watch in the water. I just melted watching him swim length after length of Butterfly stroke. I think I still would. He was 17 and I was 14. Oh those were the days.

(photo from About.com by Matt King/Getty Images)


Now picture me, overweight and out of shape, rapidly approaching forty. I attend a Masters swimming class once a week. This month we got a new coach. He's very enthusiastic and his goal is to kill us all. No joke, he has us doing butterfly. Butterfly!! I couldn't do it when I was swimming everyday as a young teen. Now it's a recipe for cardiac arrest, of that I am certain. I have accessed muscles that are not meant to be used on a daily basis. Ouch!

4 comments:

  1. Butterfly?! Way to go, you!!

    Nothing like a coach to get you going.

    I'd like to have a coach cheering me on with my running:)

    TK

    P.S. Congrats to Biggie on passing his exam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's brilliant! I'd really love to improve my swimming like that. I do a cardio/aerobic class on Monday nights and there is no waaaaay I would do it unless my coach was so motivating and positive! I'm beginning to really enjoy it now though, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Really really looking swimming Butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cool. I swam all through high school and college, the picture caught my eye

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.