The finished product - shorts for Little Guy
It's been raining today which gave me a chance to sew the shorts. It wasn't a quick project to be honest. I spent quite a bit of time drafting the pattern last night, then today it took several hours .... with only short breaks.
These shorts have a simple elastic waist but there is also a false fly and four pockets. The raw seams are all overlocked (serged). There is also a lot of decorative top-stitching which adds to the professional look. I am really happy with the way they look and fit.
Little Guy was really keen on the idea of me sewing new shorts since he had this iron-on patch in his drawer (Tomica policecar).
See the post below for details of the pattern book I used.
**Edit - the fabric is cotton but I think with lycra since it's a bit stretchy. I bought it at Aeon where they have a section with pre-cut gabardine, chino, twill, etc for old man's trousers - 2m for 380 yen :)