Rainy Day: Mum sews and boys build Lego Airport

It's the last day of the school holidays and it's raining. Now I am really glad we had such a fabulous day yesterday. "Make hay while the sun shines".

The boys woke up reeeeaaaaallly early today. Something like five o'clock. By the time I wandered out there was Lego everywhere. Covering every surface of the lounge. Right now I am insisting it is packed away before I give them lunch. It's taking ages so here I am!

This is what I have been doing this morning. New fabric! New in that it's a new colour combination. The ballerinas are grey, pink and red in this one. I LOVE IT. I thought I would struggle to find the right lining. I was hoping to find a soft grey stripe. My friend expressed doubt but I said "One day I will be walking along and I will find it". We both laughed. BUT yesterday as we were leaving the fabric shop, empty-handed and disappointed, I spotted it on the bottom of a shelf I almost never look on. The universe can be crazy like that ;)


1. Ballerina Messenger Bags WIP, 2. WIP Ballerina Bags for Preschoolers, 3. The perfect fabric combination - grey, red, pink, 4. Boy's craft activity

7 comments:

  1. So cute Jacqui! I love the ballerinas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Nice to meet you!" I came from "City of Dionne" and your title "Blooming in Japan" made me curious enough to visit you. Well, I'm from Nagoya( not so far away from Osaka!). I'm not good at any type of crafts but enjoy visitng those talented women in the world. Your blog is full of cute and nice handmades. Let me come back again. Have a nice afternoon. The rain let up here. I bet it did in your place as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this ballerina fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the Universe gives us what it thinks we need. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lego everywhere is my house everyday!
    I feel your pain of "clean up" time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. By the way, I keep all the Lego my children loved when they were small. Is there any good tips to clean each of them? If there is, it would be a great help.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.