Camping: It probably won't be glamourous

Reading One Pretty Thing and Lolalina I got the idea in my head that I would take the children Glamping this summer. (remember Glamour + Camping = Glamping?)

Well camping is an expensive pastime when you are just starting out. Here are some of the things we have bought so far, none of them glamourous.

  • Tent: $100 from The Flying Pig
  • 2 x sleeping bags @$30 each from Coleman Outlet Store
  • Tent peg hammer: $5.00 from Sports Depo
  • Small dustpan and brush for sweeping tent: $5.00 from Arrows

I made the napkins with drippy buttery corn in mind. I bought the corn cob holders while I was in New Zealand last year.

We have a list a mile long of things we still need. We have been to at least four camping and outdoor goods stores plus checked out Amazon. It's FUN! but it's clearing out my kids' college funds.


Don't forget the blogiversary giveaway, below.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I hear you. But remember that it is a one time investment and you can go camping for many years to come with the same equipment. On the other hand vacation at the hotel or resort is even more expensive and once it's gone it's gone. You cannot use it again and again.
    Have fun camping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely right. I have been trying to bear that in mind and buy "quality" things and will try to take care of them well. Thanks for the advice!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.