A poodle for your thoughts

I got a message on Friday from a friend and fellow fabric lover about this material. She had bought a few metres and wondered if I'd like to share. It's so cute I had to say yes.

Do you like it?

I've been getting a lot of requests for larger bags that mum can carry so I've been working on the pattern today.

I've managed to get the dimensions right I think - this bag fits A4 sized documents - a whole ream of A4 paper if necessary.

The main problem with a bag of this size is that it needs to be sturdy enough to carry a heavy load and keep its shape. The bag needs to be lined and all seams reinforced. Then there is the question of inside pockets - mums don't like their phone and keys jangling around in the jumble. Another issue is the fastening. I've done this one with Velcro but I have seen some with magnetic clasps. Lastly the strap - how wide, how long and how to make it strong enough.

As you can see there's a lot more to it than just making a larger version of my Little Kids' Bags! It's a fun process but time consuming. Luckily my Little Guy has been under the weather today so he took a bit of a nap and I could concentrate.

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of a bag for Mum, as you know I love your bags. I hope you received my email,I lost your address and had to go via Meeabee. Hope that Little Guy is feeling better.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.