My favourite proverbs and sayings

Tonight I found a fun little blog called Annie Banana which is authored by 21 year old Annie, a recent college grad. There were two features on her blog I liked - her list of metaphors and her Bucket List.

I don't have a bucket list nor am I any good at metaphors but I do have a lot of favourite sayings and proverbs. If I could get these as prints to frame and not look like a crazy person with a house full of weird mantras I would.

This one here is one I do own. I got it from Tutti Studio last year. It's hanging on the wall right by my front door. Perhaps my kids read it as they leave each morning? Well Little Guy doesn't go anywhere and he can't read so explains a lot!


I do also have a done-to-death "Keep Calm and Carry On" poster in my kitchen. I got mine here.

Now onto my favourite sayings:

  • Make hay while the sun shines.
  • A fool and his money are soon parted.
  • The early bird catches the worm.
  • Better late than never.
  • First come, first served.
  • This too shall pass.
  • If it's worth doing it's worth doing well.
  • Every cloud has a silver lining.
  • Better the devil you know than the devil you don't.
Got any that you say or think a lot?

5 comments:

  1. If the shoe fits....
    Blind as a bat
    Argument is war -dad saying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like those Naomi! thanks! your dad has a legal background right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. -Caveat emptor (buyer beware)
    -You get what you pay for
    -Treat others as you would like to be treated
    -No smoke without fire
    -There's a fool born every minute
    -Life's not fair

    ReplyDelete
  4. You snooze you loose, eating is cheating, no use crying over spilt milk, like mother like daughter, Theres one born every day,

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you miss the talk say Ive heard.

    If you miss the meal say I'm full!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.