Earning my keep as Mum to this family

I had a million things on my to-do list yesterday and I managed to cross them all off.


We started our day at the kindergarten. We were first in the queue to sign Little Guy up. The notice said to come at 8.30am so I got there at 8.20. Even though the teachers and staff were not doing anything they still made us wait until 8.30 on the dot. (roll eyes). We're one step closer to the start date of April 1st next year.


Next stop, McDonalds. I told Little Guy a tiny white lie by saying it was not open yet.  "IT IS open, look I can see lots of cars there". I asked him what he'd want to have if it were open, "Pancakes" he replied, without hesitating. I guess at some point in his life we've had McDonalds for breakfast ...


I need a new passport so I went to get my photo done. Somehow, without doctoring the picture my hair looks smooth and shiny and I have no wrinkles! Little Guy had fun while we were waiting. He went with the shop owner's wife to take their dog for a walk. In typical four year old fashion the toilet part of the walk was a huge joke.


The bank and the post office were uneventful.


Biggie finished school early and he had a dental appointment. I'll tell you more about that another time.


We ended our afternoon at the beach. Biggie spent an hour throwing stones into the sea, happy in his own thoughts, calming himself after quite a stressful time at the dentist. Little Guy, who craves human contact at all times, befriended a family with a little baby. I cringed each time he threw a rock or stick into the sea just praying he wouldn't hurt anyone. We saw three fish and found a bowling ball in a rock pool. We watched the sunset then came home to a thrown-together dinner after a long but very productive day. 


We had eight appointments / chores on the list. 
Times Japanese spoken: 8 
Times English spoken: 0
Quite an accomplishment for me. Feel the fear and do it anyway. 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a day! Have a great weekend Jacqui! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew! I don't know about you, but I'm exhausted just reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sticking with it till the end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice article, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.