Getting Crafty in the Garden: homemade wreath

It had been my plan for some weeks to attempt to make a Christmas wreath. We have a very overgrown Christmas holly bush and three towering pine trees in our garden. Dad offered to prune them but I told him I was saving them for my special project. Here is the finished result:


I bought a circular wire frame and some green floral wire. I attached each piece of branch separately, overlapping and all in one direction. It was very prickly and there were a few hairy caterpillars! but it didn't take long to do.

I wasn't sure how I would hang it from my front door. I tried a few ideas and in the end the wire coat hanger was the only thing that worked - even if it looks a bit funny. Our door is high and the wreath is at eye level so I don't think it's immediately obvious. I am expecting a few visitors this week so we'll see if they notice!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous , Jacqui! So much nicer than the artificial wreath we have on our door - courtesy of the Ware Whare a few years ago...

    I have made a Christmas cake this year though, which I am dribbling brandy over every week, so it should be good!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.