Getting Crafty in the Kitchen: homemade shortbread

Our Christmas festivities continue, this time in the kitchen. Last week I attempted to make shortbread.

I looked through quite a few cookbooks to find a recipe that looked easy. I didn't have all the ingredients for any of them so I improvised. The shortbread didn't exactly have that buttery melt-in-your-mouth texture but I packaged them up and gave them as gifts to my Chatty Cafe ladies anyway. (they were edible and really quite tasty).

On Saturday I tried another recipe. Again I didn't have quite enough of the ingredients AND I tried to mix them in the blender. It was a buttery mess but at least the cookies had the right texture once baked.

So my New Year's resolution is to save up the 500 or so dollars for an electric stand mixer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.