We're Watching: Christmas Movies


I can't believe I forgot to tell you about our movie afternoon. I'm sure you'll find it incredulous but we had never seen The Polar Express.

Saturday rolled around and it seemed the perfect day for a movie afternoon - very cold and gray. Since I hadn't seen the film or read the book I knew nothing about it. My trusty friend Google search led me to the publisher's website where I found a whole stack of printable activities. Little Guy and I spent the morning making name tags, train tickets and a screening schedule. We shopped for hot chocolate and popcorn.

Needless to say we loved the movie. It's brilliant. I think it was even more fun watching it together and making a whole day of it. The kids could not wait to tell their father all about when he got home that night. I was happy that Noodle did some brain stretching with the wordfind and crossword puzzle - it's so hard to find time for English literacy exercises for him.

Click here for the party kit - it's a SLOW TO LOAD PDF file but it's worth the wait, from Houghton Mifflin Books.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds fun Jacqui! I love the effort you went to. I too watched The Polar Express for the first time last week when it was on TV. It is the first movie I have watched with my Tom and he loved it too! He fell asleep just before the end so now my sister bought him the DVD and we are watching it everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day!

    I tried the hot cocoa recipe. It was good.

    I still have to see 'The Polar Express'.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.