June is the perfect time to ... spring clean the garden

Really it's a bit late to still be calling this "Spring Cleaning" as I think we've officially moved into summer but with all the rain about it's still a bit cool to declare summer has arrived. In any case it was overcast which meant the boys could get stuck into the garden without overheating.


When I looked carefully in the garden I found that so many things are 'in bloom'. Even my evergreen trees have light green flowers; new green pinecones are growing and of course my hydrangea has a few flowers. I'm most excited about my feijoa. At last count we have about twenty buds which will hopefully mean twenty fruit in autumn (bottom left). The new little tree in the middle there was a gift from my father-in-law - a miniature peach tree. Here's hoping it thrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.