My wonderful and varied life - my work this evening

Taking a break from our normal programming ... my Gentlemen's Class had a special request for tomorrow - to learn a SONG. This one was suggested and while I had heard of it I don't think I have ever actually listened to it. I'm here sifting through the millions of versions and I really rather like this one by Patti Page: The Tennessee Waltz


The other choice of song was Danny Boy. I found that all together too depressing. I found it interesting when my student told me that even after studying English for a decade or more they have never learned a song. I studied French as you know. I think the only 'French' song I know is that one "Voulez vous coucher avec moi" haha, it's not even a French song but rather a pop tune from my childhood.

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm..."Sur la Pont D'Avignon"? "Frere Jacque" ?
    I seem to remember plenty of really embarrassing French lessons when we would be cajoled into singing such things. Lucky you to have avoided them!

    What strange choices your Gentlemen made. But thinking about it, I'm not sure I could come up with anything better. Maybe The Skye Boat Song?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would have been pushing for a Christmas carol, they're about the only thing I can sing these days! That and 'Yesterday' by the Beatles :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, I thought a xmas carol too would be the way to go.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ songs I like are Amazing Grace & He,s my brother, or possibly Man United theme song, Swing Low, sweet chariot

    ReplyDelete
  5. we had such fun! they DID bring some carols - we had a go at Silent Night and Jingle bells. Your suggestions are great too - I will organise them for next week. Thanks everyone.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.