Feeling Blue? Let me cheer you up

a mix of new and old fabrics, all from Kokka in the Trefle range

You can't help smiling when you look at these cute fabrics for boys, can you?

Eagle-eyes might spot my newest fabric - the sky blue one with robots. It seems like people can't get enough of robots. Each time I think I will give them a miss another set beckons me to take a closer look. I think these ones get to the core of robot-ness with the tools and cars. We pretty much believe cars are made by robots these days, right? That said, I've seen some terrific documentaries on the Discovery Channel about car manufacture and a lot is still done by real people, that's good isn't it?

So here I am trying to decide what colours to use. When a new printed fabric comes in I first decide on the strap colour and on the lining colour. You'd think blue was blue but when it comes down to it the right shade of blue (or whatever colour) makes a huge difference to the overall look of the finished bag. As for the lining, even though it can't be seen until the bag is opened I still try my hardest to use the exact right colour or pattern for it. Sometimes I cannot find anything suitable so I just keep the material aside until the find the right things for it. Yes, I am a perfectionist!

I will make the standard toddler-sized bags from these fabrics. I was even thinking about making some reversible bags since these illustrations really complement each other. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.