Weekend Update

Another weekend has sailed past in a blur. Anyone else have that problem? Mine has been action-packed and busy.

Little Guy was 'sick' on Friday with a bit of a cough. I let him stay home but as soon as the ladies arrived for Chatty Cafe he was full of beans. Being the show-off that he is there was music, costumes, dancing and a display of knight's sword-fighting. We valiantly tried to ignore him.

Everyone felt cheerful when they saw these tiny daffodil blooms that Little Guy had bought at the hardware shop last week. Aren't they pretty?

Saturday it was Noodle's turn to feel sick. Though it seems he really does have something and has slept through the whole weekend. Poor thing. Colds and flu are going around.

We had some visitors on Saturday afternoon so I tried the recipe on the Quaker Oats box - YUM! They're unlike any I have made before, so soft and tasty.  Check them out here, though I wonder if the recipe can be halved. Four dozen cookies is a lot. I also added half a cup of Hershey's chocolate chips.

Today I had to pick up some things from the sewing shop. It was the perfect push to get me back to my Sunday aqua-robics class (being that it's right next door to the mall). Shamefully it's been ages since I went to the gym on a Sunday. For a variety of reasons, mainly laziness. My instructor asked me about my absence in a nice way that really made me want to start going regularly again. I really do love her class. And since I have eaten about a dozen of the above-mentioned cookies I REALLY need to go.

Lots of sewing done today. I'll be at the post office as soon as I am done with the dentist in the morning. Amazingly I am due for a check-up already.

Oh, and my latest act of clumsiness? I nicked the palm-side of one of my fingers with the sharp sewing scissors. Ouch! Sewing accidents are fairly common here. I am especially prone to jabbing myself with pins. Now I know how lethal these little scissors are I will be less inclined to let Little Guy use them. After I have been the post office I will probably have to go to the chemist to stock up on plasters.

Tonight's DVD was very unsettling and not recommended at all. I watched it through but now I am afraid I will have nightmares. Have you seen this? It's rated R for strong bloody violence, torture and language. Mr. Mee a Bee was asleep for most of the worst parts when I had to cover up my eyes. In terms of acting the characters were very believable. Michael Sheen was pretty amazing and I did enjoy seeing Carrie-Anne Moss though I can't for the life of me remember what she has been in (off to see now).

So we roll into another week!




3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the film non-recommendation! We watched Unknown the other day, after your recommendation, as I too love Liam Neeson and suspense films. I was a bit worried because all the trailers before the film started were for disturbing/nightmare-inducing films, but Unknown was great, just right. Thank you!
    Is it just me, or are there more and more 'unpleasant' films now, with graphic torture and so on?
    Looking forward to more of your suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane! That's cool!!! thanks.

    Oh yes, violence. Is it really necessary? I know there are awful things done in the world but I prefer not having to see it thank you. You can't turn on the TV without some kind of horrible crime being shown.

    I think in the past things like torture might have been left to our imaginations but these days it is shown in all its bloody detail. I don't like it.

    Thanks for keeping up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie-Anne Moss was in The Matrix....She was Trinity. She was also in a TV show called Models, Inc, and the series F/X.

    She's done quite a lot of TV, but probably The Matrix is her biggest movie.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.