Happy Valentine's Day


Happy Valentine's Day! I hope your day is filled with love and appreciation.

I spent a bit of time researching illustration styles yesterday. I am trying to pin-point the style of the new ballet fabric I am so enamored with. It reminds me of Little Golden Books from my childhood so I was guessing the style was typical of the late sixties and early seventies. 


 
In my travels I came across this gorgeous website called Teri's Paper Doll Scans. There's not much information on the site but it seems Teri is an illustrator and fan of Adobe. She has painstakingly scanned her own collection of vintage paper dolls and made them available for download. She has touched them up and made them perfect which must have been a huge labour of love. There are also some that Teri has created herself in the style of the era. Aren't they wonderful? (Pictured above).

I also had a fabulous time looking at each and every one of these Little Golden Books covers on Flickr. Oh how I wish I had some of my old books!

What do you think of the ballet fabric? Does it remind you of anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.