Let's Learn Our 3.14 Times Tables

this I can relate to
Noodle giggled when he told me last week about a poster in the boy's toilet at his tutoring school: "Let's learn our 3.14 times tables!" it proclaims.

3.14?? 

Noodle is just starting in the 5th grade so he doesn't know the significance of this number.

Somewhere in the dark recesses of my brain I conjured up an image of a circle .... and a calculation .... pi = ?? 2 r squared? r2 squared? vague, very vague, sorry Mr Fotherby (one of my high school Maths teachers)

Today is Pi Day! March 14th = 3.14 Fancy that! Any maths geeks enthusiasts out there?

Happy Pi Day! 
Get your t shirts here.

Of course this doesn't work in New Zealand where we list the day before the month: 14/3
It took me quite a long time to get used to writing dates backwards when I came to Japan.

We also say maths with an 's' on the end. The things you learn!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.