One year out of many, complete! Little Guy's origami calendar.



View slideshow
link not working? view it here.

Little Guy made it through his first year of formal schooling. He's just finished his nen-chu year at kindergarten (technically the second year but his first). It was a terrific year. His teacher was lovely. He made some nice friends and learned a lot (I think).

At the end of the year the kids bring home a year's worth of art projects in a special portfolio.

I've made a slideshow of the origami calendar. It's pretty special since Little Guy had zero attention span and no ability for this type of project when he started kindergarten in April of last year.

3 comments:

  1. Great calendar! Well done Little Guy :-)

    I'm following in your footsteps - K will start yochien in April, in nen-chu too. He's looking forward to it but I think the all-Japanese (language) environment may be frustrating for him at first. Wish us luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaye Diane! haven't the years gone quickly? I am sure K will be fine - kids always surprise you.

    Noodle had more trouble following along at first but more because of his shy personality than his inability to understand the language. He's still reluctant to speak up if he misses something so as I said, it's his personality.

    Little Guy took to it like a duck to water and didn't care if he didn't understand everything! He's a go-getta.

    With both of them it was more of a case of not knowing the system than not understanding the language, since all of the other kids had a year under their belts already.
    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS Little Guy had had close to five years at home with me only speaking English and he was fine with the Japanese.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.