Roald Dahl Postage Stamps!

Quentin Blake illustrates Roald Dahl

My sister and I dabbled in stamp collecting as children and I still have a passion for stamps. I cannot stop myself saving them when the rare occasion arises that stamp comes in the mail.

I was pretty excited to see these wonderful new stamps celebrating Roald Dahl. Oh I wish I lived in the UK!

I picked this one as my favourite. We just love the story of Fantastic Mr. Fox.

If you do live in the UK then you must visit the Royal Mail website. Did you know they sell books, framed prints and First Day Covers, all online?

The art on these stamps is by Quentin Blake. I have an old book which belongs to my sister (shhhhh) about Monster. A few of the Monster books were republished last year. Take a look! Quentin Blake's website is cool. There are colouring pages too!

Meanwhile, my absolute favourite and 100% recommended book for families with boys for its readability, wonderful illustrations and fun story is still The Enormous Crocodile.

Thanks A Cup of Jo for the heads-up about the new stamps.

7 comments:

  1. aren't they?! thanks for visiting Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love those! If there is a BFG one I have to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jac,

    I thought I saw that Monster book the other day. Are you sure you have it? Monster goes to school aye?

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is interesting to note how most of us get hooked on the stamp collecting as a hobby as kids and still continue to pursue it, even as we grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still look at all the new pretty stamps on display at the post office!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.