Sunday Movie Night: watching Moneyball


Sunday Movie Night: watching Moneyball
Brad Pitt as Billy Beane in Moneyball


This weekend we watched Moneyball, starring Brad Pitt. I really enjoyed seeing him in a dramatic role, no goofing around, not playing up his rugged good looks.

It was an interesting film for a non-sports fan like me. I have no clue how baseball works. The trading of players was so cut-throat and reminded me so much of my kids with their trading cards. It was sad really. Simply commodities in the machine that is profit-driven.

Apart from learning something new about baseball I was fascinated by the application of economics to the game. Yep, I'm a geek!
 
I can't say whether I recommend this film. I can't rave about it but it was definitely entertaining enough for a Sunday night. No sex, violence or any bad words either!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.