Speaking of tea parties - my Jubilee plans

Bunting Cake from BBC recipes
Yesterday I posted about my tea party tote bags. I haven't had time to finish them off yet but speaking of tea parties I wanted to let you know how the plans are coming along for the Queen's Jubilee party. I have a special Jubilee post prepared for Oh My Handmade Goodness, scheduled to appear this weekend I think. Make sure you stop by.

This is one of the gorgeous yet simple recipes I found to share from the BBC website. I think for a British party you need to go directly to the source - BBC recipes.  Jamie Oliver, Nigella Lawson, Nigel Slater (whose book Toast you must read) are all great British chefs to look at as well.

Years ago my friend Sue, coincidentally a Brit, had a brilliant recipe book of things that you can freeze. Things like pastry, cheese, smoked salmon. I made some notes from it but I may have a hard time finding them. Do any of you have any ideas for canapes, finger food, appetizers to freeze ahead? Perhaps a tart of some sort or a quiche. I could slice it up into bite-sized portions.

I ordered some Union Jack cupcake liners yesterday. Fun! If you are after some for yourself and are in Japan then look at Amazon or FBC.


3 comments:

  1. Lovely ideas Jac! Do some little sandwiches; egg and cress... cucumber... chicken with mayo, walnut and celery...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you come across these?

    http://papercraftinspirations.themakingspot.com/blog/free-jubilee-printables

    Have fun! (I love reading about your life in Japan btw)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Gill that is FANTASTIC!!!
    thanks Cathy - these are on my list now, yum!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.