Ballet through the ages - eternally popular with young girls!

As I was looking through my old photographs on Mother's Day two pictures caught my eye. My mother, aged about 3 or 4, dressed in a pretty tutu. Then my sister and I aged five and three, also dressed in tutus. I still vivdly remember getting these tutus for Christmas that year. We were on holiday in Taupo (I think) and Santa had left the tutus in our santa sacks leaving a giant bump in each on the floor where they lay. It was very exciting!  Now I have a niece who I am told also loves to dress up in any kind of pretty ballerina, princess or fairy dress. It seems to be an eternally popular dress-up theme for girls. And many girls of course (and boys too) end up taking ballet classes from a young age. We did not. Neither of us was blessed with that kind of gracefulness.

Ballerinas in my family


Of all the bags I make for Mee a Bee the ballet ones are the most popular and the most requested. I'm so happy to let you know today I have re-opened my Etsy Shop and I have lots of bargain ballet bags for sale. These are all gorgeous handmade bags for girls, made to my very high standards (by me), now reduced to make way for the newer ballet bags I have. They are all ready to ship and most are finished with a strap to fit a two to three year old or a three to five year old. That's either a 73cm strap or a 78cm strap. Take a look here. Five styles to choose from, while stocks last!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.