Our summer plans

I haven't intentionally been a secret squirrel about our summer plans ... I have just been trying to live in the moment rather than living for my vacation (a chapter I took to heart from Don't Sweat The Small Stuff).

Still I have had a few comments from friends about what we're up to. It should be no big surprise that we will head to New Zealand for a few weeks.

We had over $800 in our big coin money box this year! Enough for quite a few hot dogs, lattes and hot chips up the mountain. Yes, with grandad's help we can afford another ski trip! (watch out Mt. Ruapehu!)

Our first port of call on our grand road-trip will be the Franklin county area. It's an area I know very little about but looking at this promotional video I am keen to explore.

From there we will drive south to the National Park region and fingers crossed we will have a brilliant week of skiing and snowboarding.

Last year the drive back North was long and a bit boring so this year I am breaking up the drive with a one night stopover in Rotorua!!

I will post more info in the coming days about these picturesque and wonderfully unique areas of the world. Prepare to be jealous!

We leave mid-week.




4 comments:

  1. So jealous! I'm guessing it will be at least another 2 or 3 years before we get back again. I hope you have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. never say never but I expect it will be a couple before we make it back too. Next year is definitely not an option so I will be stocking up on al those essentials - deodorant, tampons, Panasonic ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great trip. I look forward to seeing your posts about it. We leave here Friday. The kids will be in school for 5 weeks back home.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.