Summer Postcards

With being ill I was forced to cancel a few of my classes which was a real shame right before the summer holidays. I won't see all my lovely friends until September now.

I decided to send out a few summer postcards to everyone affected. The friendly clerk at the post office had 'sold' the postcards to me a few weeks ago. They are special for this time of year and include a lottery ticket! Fun!

Just now I received a return postcard by email . Isn't it pretty? It's hand painted (scanned).

This is the explanation:
浜木綿、Hamayuu,Chrinum asiaticum are in bloom in summer on the beach and they have good perfume.
浜、Hama means beach in Japanese.

I love it!

And I enjoy this summer tradition of exchanging a brief greeting. I must remember to do it again next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.