The cake of the month

I am about to make this cake for the third time this month. It is incredibly easy - all the ingredients go into one bowl at the same time - it doesn't have any tricky to find ingredients either. It keeps well in an airtight container for a few days and is DELICIOUS.

Orange-Yogurt Cake

I serve mine with thickened orange yogurt. Another Martha idea from a brunch we had about twelve years ago. Line a sieve with a thick paper towel, one that is not likely to tear when it gets wet, or a clean tea towel. Place this over a bowl so it is not touching the bottom. Use this to strain the extra liquid from a plain unsweetened yogurt. After a couple of hours or even overnight it is thick and creamy. Flavor it with orange zest or a table spoon of freshly squeezed orange juice. Serve with cake as you would whipped cream.

4 comments:

  1. That looks so good, Jacqui! Make sure to link it up tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh looks yum, am into citrus at the moment so might try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love orange yoghurt cake! I used to make this wonderful dip/topping that was equal parts whipped cream and sour cream, with brown sugar and orange juice/cointreau to taste.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.