The Iron Lady

This week's DVD is pretty much summed up by this article:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/margaret-thatcher/9013910/The-Iron-Lady-and-Margaret-Thatchers-dementia-Why-this-despicable-film-makes-voyeurs-of-us-all.html

Meryl Streep was outstanding but I kept remembering of her as Julia Child. I really think I prefer her as a normal character, like in The Hours or even Bridges of Madison County. Somehow she seemed more herself in these films though of course I have no idea what she is really like.

I'd love to know what you thought of the Thatcher "biography".

For something that really is funny, and about politicians, watch this clever clip of President Obama, "singing" a popular Carly Rae Jepsen song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.