Conquering the world, one child's bag at a time

The other night during my interview with Katie I alluded to the fact that I have my eye on a bigger prize, I think I used the word empire? Well it is a dream of mine to expand the Mee a Bee name to include more than just bags. We own the tagline Mee a Bee, handmade in Japan. But (so far) we only make bags. If you were planning on expanding the Mee a Bee product line what would you include?
Remember my philosophy is: made in Japan, high quality materials, natural, non-toxic and safe for kids, produced with care and thought towards the environment.


I was very excited to come across this business today: FunFam. The company produce wonderful hand-crafted bamboo tableware for children. What an interesting concept. Bamboo is naturally antibacterial. It's an extremely fast growing plant. It's touted as an eco-friendly crop. Looking around the site I learned so much. I am familiar with bamboo's uses as a textile component, I even have some bamboo fabric undies! I didn't know it is was so hard to work with in its wood form. Take a look at the step-by-step process in photos here. I'm not sure that bamboo tableware is where I'd go with Mee a Bee but it's certainly great to see people making a go of it with such a unique idea. I could see wooden toys being a good fit for Mee a Bee, something educational.

Pictured above: Apple Set

If you have any ideas or thoughts about this I'd love to hear them.

* this great company was included in a link I followed from Terrie's Take newsletter, thanks Terrie!

1 comment:

  1. I bought my best mates little boy a set of this bamboo wear, it is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.