Help! It's birthday season in our family not to mention Christmas!

We have a succession of family birthdays coming up from late November through to the end of January. The November / December birthdays are kids' ones, my own Noodle is in there. I don't think any of these kids need anymore bags! So, suggestions! For an eleven year old boy. A seven year old boy. And a five year old girl.

I ordered a little something for one of the kids this evening. I think he'll get a kick out of it. It's a wooden shark that you paint yourself. It actually wiggles when you move it! In the shop description it says it was made by a grandad of three boys, who enjoys hiking, playing around in his workshop and being with his grand kids. I liked that image a lot. I hope he gets a kick out of sending a gift to the other side of the world.

The shop is called Paint Me Zoo and you can find it on Etsy. The party packs seem like a terrific idea for boys especially. I know at girl's parties they often do something like give each other manicures or decorate cupcakes together - I've done that with my boys (cupcakes) but I think painting a scary dinosaur or creepy lizard is a fun idea and each kid gets a really cool memento to take home.

Are you planning on buying handmade gifts this year, for Christmas or any birthdays coming up? Buy a bag, hint hint! Here's one I made for a friend over the weekend. It will be used to house a beautiful handmade soft book that she has been making, to welcome a new baby into the family. Isn't that lovely?

http://www.meeabee.etsy.com is my shop.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.