Sew cute? PJ pants?

#kcwc
Kokka Corduroy pants
So I made a start on the cargo pants for Little Guy. For KCWC. The fabric is crazy busy ... And I fear they are going to look like pj pants when they are done. We're not used to seeing Little Guy in a patterned bottom half. He mainly wears blue or gray which evolved from his love of policemen and their uniforms.

Anyway I thought a bit of piping on the back pockets and on the front decorative tab thingie might look cool. I like this turquoise with the black and white.

The pattern I am using is interesting, very simple, but constructed somewhat differently from the shorts or pants pattern I am used to. Normally you sew the two backs together, then sew the two fronts together then join the front to the back. In this pattern you sew a front and a back together two times, which is easy to do because of the pockets - no confusion over which is which. With the side seam done, top-stitching is so easy! And makes the finished article look very professional.

The next step is the inside leg. Once you have the two legs sewn you insert one inside the other, with one inside out, in order to complete the crotch seam. I will let you know how it works out.

The fabric I am using is a fine corduroy, quite thin in fact, perhaps more suitable for a shirt? The pants will not be warm in the dead of winter. It's by Kokka if you see it. The same range has some pretty girls' corduroy which I recommend for layered skirts or pinafores worn over tights. It's divine.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.