Baby Boom - gift ideas for new arrivals

The weekend is coming to a close and I have that awful feeling of not really having accomplished much. It's been gorgeous weather so we've tried to make the most of it - yesterday we cycled to swimming lessons then later took a stroll by the sea. Today a picnic at the beach and a lovely fresh dinner, lots of spring vegetables! I'm certain we have many more cold days ahead but it's been a nice break from it.

 

 

So I didn't do any sewing but I did do a little online window shopping. It's a happy time as many of my friends are expecting babies right now. Second and third little bubs, exciting for the big brothers and sisters-to-be! I'm thinking that the families already have all the baby guff that they need, but it's still nice to have new things for the new baby.

So I finally have a use for double gauze. I'm thinking baby swaddling blankets, burp cloths and little face cloths. We have been using our double gauze napkins for a couple of months now, they are so soft and lovely and wash up beautifully. This fabric is perfect for baby! And look at the gorgeous designs available! I am having a hard time choosing but I do like these non-gender specific colors and motifs. Which do you like? That will work for a boy or girl?

(Super Buzzy has a great selection of double gauze fabrics from Japan)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!
Thanks, I read each and every one of them!

I try to reply to all your comments, if you want to know what I and others say check :Email follow-up comments to ...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.